New Years Eve With The Marx Brothers On TCM!
Spike361
2014-12-27 18:40:39 UTC
Starts at 8:00 PM with "Horsefeathers". Then in chronological order they run "A
Night At The Opera" through "Go West" ending at 5:30 AM New Years Day.
Pete The Upstart
2014-12-31 04:12:11 UTC
It's going to be a late night! :-)
Dana Schwartz
2015-01-02 02:38:34 UTC
On Tue, 30 Dec 2014 20:12:11 -0800 (PST), Pete The Upstart
Post by Pete The Upstart
It's going to be a late night! :-)
Here comes the Sanity Clause! :-) 9:38 PM EST...

Dana Schwartz
Dana Schwartz
2015-01-02 17:39:00 UTC
Post by Spike361
Starts at 8:00 PM with "Horsefeathers". Then in chronological order they run "A
Night At The Opera" through "Go West" ending at 5:30 AM New Years Day.
Thanks for the head's up, Spike. Sleepy today, but it's always worth
it for a MB marathon.

I'm going to lose my news server (Cablevision/Optimum) when I finally
permanently move to NC at the end of this month (retired in September
- yay me!). Charter Spectrum, the cable TV/internet/phone provider I
have in Asheville, stopped carrying newsgroups a couple of years ago.
I don't like Google News much.

I noticed you use newsguy.com. Do you like it? Checked out what they
offer and it seems there are a variety of service levels. I only read
(using Agent as the newsreader) and occasionally post to a couple of
newsgroups, and it's all binary/text. I have no need for anything
that handles large files like photos/graphics.

Any advice you (or others) have concerning news servers is
appreciated.

Thanks,
Dana Schwartz
Dana Schwartz
2015-01-02 19:51:38 UTC
On Fri, 02 Jan 2015 12:39:00 -0500, Dana Schwartz
Post by Dana Schwartz
I don't like Google News much.
Oops. Meant to say Google Groups, not News. Although I have a
different hate on for Google News ever since they stopped supporting
the existing Archived News (old stuff). I loved mining the archived
newspapers and they've made it nearly impossible to easily search what
they *had* assembled once they quit actively maintaining the archives.
Such a shame to abandon a wonderful resource for people who love to
learn something OLD every day. :-(

Dana Schwartz (don't mind me... I'll just keep on nattering away,
totally off-topic, since it's not too busy 'round these parts...)
Pete The Upstart
2015-01-03 15:01:18 UTC
Hi Dana. Happy New Year!

I had a good year but that wasn't it! (Paraphrasing Groucho)

Pete