Green Bay Mayor is Sold on Zippin Pippin Roller-coaster - WWGD?! :-)
Dana Schwartz
2010-02-13 04:21:31 UTC
On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 19:09:25 -0500, Dana Schwartz
On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 15:26:20 -0800 (PST), BaSSiStiSt
All I know is that people keep hijacking my Dread Zeppelin references
with on-topic content.
Jeez, don't sic the den mother on us or anything!
FU. :-P
Y'know, I only lurk in *one* other newsgroup (and I only posted to it
two of three times over the past dozen or so years). Right now I
think it's in danger of going off the grid because no one hardly ever
posts to it. Not even the spammer-types bother with it much. Last
post was on January 21st. It used to be full of fun, funny people.
And it's all about great comedians, just like *you* jokers.
alt.comedy.marx-bros !
Maybe we could all go over there and revive it or something before it
IS killed off. Anybody got any good Groucho, Harpo, Chico or
Sometimes Zeppo (or Gummo) anecdotes? I'm sure all the great lines
have been used on alt.comedy.marx-bros through the years (many times
over!), but the few regulars who sometimes post there don't ever get
tired of it. :-)
Quick funny about that newsgroup. In late December someone on some
political newsgroup cross-posted an OT msg to alt.comedy.marx-bros,
thinking it was Marxian as in *Karl* Marx. I'm reading this weird
thread and noticed a familiar name among the discussants who continued
to cross-post replies: Derek Gee. Got confused and thought I'd
somehow wandered back over to RRC.
I'm sure we could liven up the empty room at alt.comedy.marx-bros.
It's getting less respect than Starliner AND Rodney Dangerfield these
days.
Just a thought. I've never hi-jacked a newsgroup before. Sounds like
slapstick theater at its best and the Brothers would probably
approve! Honk, honk!
Besides, everyone will need a new "home" once Facebook starts charging
a fee in July, right?! ;-) [ <----- Please notice that the
emoticon is winking, indicating I'm being sarcastic.]
Dana Schwartz, ready for anarchy and mayhem - very un-Den Mother like,
doncha think?!
To which Mamoosh replied (on rec.roller-coaster):

Last night I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas
I'll never know!

And Joe Schwartz followed up with (on rec.roller-coaster):

I wouldn't join any newsgroup that would have me as a member.

*******************************
With this post I am now cross-posting this thread to
alt.comedy.marx-bros ! I don't think it can hurt.

Oh, the WWGD in the subject line = What Would Groucho Do?

Answer = Say something - be it caustic, obnoxious, uproariously funny,
or mildly clever. Just say SOMETHING!!! :-)

(Note to any alt.comedy.marx-bros regulars who are still lurking:
Please enter the fray at any time in this attempt to breathe some life
back into this newsgroup. Mea culpa for not helping out more
earlier.)

Dana Schwartz (recruiting a few brave men and loose women to come to
the rescue of Freedonia!)
r***@aol.com
2010-02-13 07:33:26 UTC
Post by Dana Schwartz
Dana Schwartz (recruiting a few brave men and loose women to come to
the rescue of Freedonia!)
How about a remake of "The Cocoanuts" involving plans to build/move a
roller coaster? Florida, after all...

Rik
Pete The Upstart
$200.00!
Dana Schwartz
2010-02-15 01:17:58 UTC
On Sun, 14 Feb 2010 14:21:11 -0800 (PST), Pete The Upstart
Post by Pete The Upstart
Post by r***@aol.com
Post by Dana Schwartz
Dana Schwartz (recruiting a few brave men and loose women to come to
the rescue of Freedonia!)
How about a remake of "The Cocoanuts" involving plans to build/move a
roller coaster?  Florida, after all...
Rik
$200.00!
$300, $400. I go higher... higher! I got plenty of numbers left!

Dana Schwartz
Pete The Upstart
2010-02-15 02:39:20 UTC
Post by Pete The Upstart
Post by r***@aol.com
Post by Dana Schwartz
Dana Schwartz (recruiting a few brave men and loose women to come to
the rescue of Freedonia!)
How about a remake of "The Cocoanuts" involving plans to build/move a
roller coaster? Florida, after all...
Rik
$200.00!
$300, $400.  I go higher... higher!  I got plenty of numbers left!
Dana Schwartz
Yeah you'll go higher when I get a hold of ya!
Sold to Hiawatha for $400.00.